Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thing 23. Final Thoughts

I am certainly more aware of what's out there. I have had a general understanding in the past, but having to actually "do" the things in this program helped to make it more real. I also really liked the informational links provided and the short video segments. Those helped to give integration ideas which are so important.

As for a tool, the file type converter will be awesome! I've already used it. I was never a big blog guy before, but I think I will start that now. It can be a way to connect with my students and staff if I promote it well. Also, the RSS reader will be great to keep up on trends and topics.

Much of my connecting has happened in-district as several of use have undertaken this journey.

There's something about completing all the things that provides an overall understanding that you can't get from just one or two. It was also good to see how many of these tools intersect and interconnect. That is where much of the power comes from.

Yes, I would do this again, but I think I need a little time to better digest what I've now done. As I said, it did take a pretty big time commitment.

The 23 Things On A Stick program has been a great way to stimulate learning and growth among library staff in regards to web 2.0, and it has provided many tools to help us be more productive and to better connect with others. We need to keep up with the ever changing web, and the 23 things has allowed us to do that.

Thanks again for this opportunity!

1 comment:

PatriciaP said...

Wow, I am very impressed, you have been very busy. You have some great application ideas in your blog, and when we were trying to put the weekly newsletter together recently, I suggested your blog as one to highlight. The thing we may not be getting across is the activity of visiting other particpant's blogs. Anyway, congratulations, you've done a great job. Please don't feel left out and if you want the excitement and involvement, visit other particpant blogs, and add comments. p.s. I feel like I got to know you on a whole new level through this program!

Patricia-
CMLE