Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thing 22. What Did I Learn Today?

I resolve to keep up with web 2.0 tools. In fact, we're planning some summer tech training, and one of the courses will be web 2.0 tools. That way I can share what I've learned with my colleagues. Also, by teaching it, I will better remember and keep these tools at the front of my consciousness.

I have a lot of irons in the fire right now with new technology--tech training, new video server, website work, project lead the way, a Moodle online classroom for my independent study students and TV staff, staff websites, etc. but I will find time for web 2.0. I'd like to try a couple new tools each year and really integrate them. I'd like to make my main website page (library research page) the place where I can link these tools. That way students/users would regularly see them. After all, if no one uses them, it's a waste of my time. Again, I think if I do one or two at a time and really concentrate on those, I can better commit to keeping up with them.

Also, I do intend to keep up with my RSS reader. I'd never used that before, but I've already learned several things that way that I'm glad I didn't miss!

No comments: