Friday, February 20, 2009

Thing 24: Refresh Your Blog

It was good to get back into the blog again. I haven't really used it much since finishing 23 things, except as a way to get back to some of the resources I worked with.

I did give my blog a new look and added some links at the bottom. Some of the new gadgets might be useful if I get into using this more consistently. I switched out my avatar for a traveling photographer. We're heading south for spring break, and I'm ready!

As for blogging, I'm still considering setting up a media center blog to post on my main media center page. I just haven't had the time to get it done. We've been heavy into technology training for our teachers, and that has taken most of my time.

I did work with one of my English teachers this winter to start a blogging activity in his Explorations in Literature class. He had all the students set up blogs in blogspot. They put the settings to private and shared access with him as the teacher. It seems like a nice safe way to set it up in the classroom. We also took the advice of the teachers in Edina and sent a parent permission slip home. So far, it has been a nice way for him to get his students writing and reacting to literature.

So with Thing 24, I start my journey discovering more things on a stick.

1 comment:

PatriciaP said...

hey, the blog is lookin good! Going south eh, sounds nice. Having the students blog in their English class is a very cool idea...so much like keeping an old tradtional journal, but I'll bet they enjoy it a whole lot more! Keep exploring, use what feels like a good fit, discard the rest! Its all about exposure to new things....