Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thing 8: Share Your Creations

Wow. This one took awhile, but I think my own curiosity make it take longer than it should have. I couldn't help but dig into each. I even set up my efolio at http://paulbeckermann.efoliomn2.com/index.asp

I liked the picture tools a lot. I posted a couple of them on my blog. I could see putting them into school web pages. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the link back to the service's website would be visible. I'm not big on advertising on a school web site. We already have so much of that in school with pop machines, scoreboards, etc.

I like the eFolio, but I'm not sure how I'll use it. I could link it off of my teacher web page at school. I like it as a way to keep track of resume ideas in case I ever need an updated one. I know schools are more interested in using this as a resume device, which makes sense.

The tools in general are not hard to use, although each offers its own unique user interface. It takes a little while to get used to but not bad. I'm more concerned about remembering all these logins and passwords. I'm also not sure if I'll remember which site had which tool. There are so many! They are cool though.

One last thought: I'm beginning to think that 23 things on a stick is actually 230 things on a stick. Each "thing" has so many subparts to it!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

In some respects this is true, but I think its really to show you the diversity of the tools...some better and more liked than others...

Keep sharing!

Cindy Gruwell
CMLE 23 Things Coach